1. Visiting St Helen’s School, Northwood…
…to do a whole afternoon workshop with 120 students. I’ve developed a completely new set of activities, discussions and insights to build resilience and I can’t wait to show the girls how I can help them be even stronger than they are. I’ve ordered lovely postcards especially for them (ALL of them), 12-sided dice for a special activity, biofeedback strips to assess tension, and there’s an optional game, too, with the chance to win a book! (If you’d like me to do the same for your school, see HERE – and note that I am not offering any other school visits at the moment, though I will do a select number of staff or parent sessions, online or in-person. For details about my new events policy, see HERE.) I spoke to the parents online a couple of weeks ago and am really looking forward to meeting their daughters.
2. Carrying on caring about…
…and working towards improving the mental health of young people everywhere – I don’t need a special week.
3. Hoping to hear from my publishers…
…that they like my new book idea, which would be super-relevant to this week
4. AND having a book giveaway for YOU
Yes, I’m giving away two copies of BE RESILIENT and THE TEENAGE GUIDE TO FRIENDS to two lucky commenters. My books are my best way of helping boost children’s mental strength and health. GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED – WINNERS ANNOUNCED BELOW
GIVEAWAY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- There will be two winners. Each will win a copy of BE RESILIENT and THE TEENAGE GUIDE TO FRIENDS. I will sign the books to whomever you choose, or “open sign” them if you prefer. Each winner will also receive postcards and, if you wish, posters. (If you’re a school you probably want them but if you’re not you probably don’t – but it’s up to you!)
- Winners will be picked randomly. I assign every valid entrant a number and run the numbers through a generator.
- Deadline for entries is 6pm GMT Sunday Feb 13th.
- UK addresses only. (I’ll ask for your address only if you win.)
- One entry per person. If you want to give your household a better chance, each (human!) member may enter but each email address must be different. (NB I do not add the email addresses to a database.)
- The instructions under “How to enter” form part of the Terms and Conditions.
HOW TO ENTER
- Add a friendly comment including the words “pick me” to this post – no negative or undermining words, please
- You don’t have to praise me but you’ll make me smile if you do
- Make sure you accurately type your email address, otherwise I can’t contact you if you win
WINNERS: Aaaaand, the winners are Tina and Jemma 😃. Well done, both of you – your lucky day! Bad luck, everyone else, but your day will come. I will contact both Tina and Jemma to arrange for them to receive their books. BIG thanks to all who entered.
That’s it! Sign up to my website/blog if you want to be sure not to miss future giveaways, as well as rich content supporting young people and the adults who care about them.
Schools, don’t forget to think about that YOU CAN BE RESILIENT workshop opportunity. It will be available only for a few schools, simply because of my diary. So don’t delay! I’m practically at retiring age and I’m not doing this forever!