Are you a teacher, parent, professional working with young people, conference organiser, journalist, teenager or just interested? I’m happy to hear from you and will reply as soon as possible.
Are you enquiring about me doing an event for you? Please go to Speaking information first, where you’ll find a special event enquiry form.
Note that I usually won’t reply to things such as:
- Offers of guest posts – do you see guest posts here? No, quite.
- Requests to read your writing. There is lots of advice on my website and my old publishing blog – I cannot give more free advice.
- Requests that I read your article, with a view to linking to it. You’re welcome to point me to your article if it’s relevant to me, but I can’t promise to reply.
- Requests for work experience placements – I’m so sorry but it just isn’t possible.
- People who think I’m Nicky Morgan, the Conservative MP. Trust me: I am not.
Friendly, helpful or interesting comments or, of course, enquiries about paid work you’d like me to do, will always get a fast response. Whether you’re contacting me with your thoughts about my books or a talk I did; or to ask me to do some work for you; or you’re a teenager or parent with a worry; or a journalist wanting an interview, I will reply as quickly as I can.
If you have a worry relating to mental health, although I hold a Diploma in Youth Counselling, note that I’m not medically qualified and I do not to do formal counselling. I do my best to help but I might suggest that you see a medical person. (If you are having suicidal thoughts, please contact the Samaritans without delay, as I am not trained and you need proper help. They are wonderful people – talk to them, please.)
NB Take great care when you type your email address – if you make a mistake, I won’t be able to reply.
I care about your data and am fully EUGDPR compliant. If you are worried about what I might do with your email address, please see here for my compliance statement. If you can’t be bothered (I don’t blame you – it’s beyond boring) then just trust me: I will never spam you, add your email address to a database (unless you ask me to and/or are subscribing to my website by actively opting in). I detest being spammed myself and I wouldn’t do it to anyone else.